5.16.2008

...

There have been a couple comments lately that were directed at me and addressed issues discussed in the last post. I don't know if this is just one person or two, but right now that doesn't matter. They were posted anonymously, and so this is to whomever is writing:

I'm sorry if there's anything I've done that has offended you in any way. I'm doing my best to let my actions mirror my words, and sometimes that doesn't always happen. The things you wrote were pretty bold things to say, and I'd like to give you my perspective on such issues and offer some explanation for any questions you might have as well.

I know that you're someone who knows me, because of your references to the past and what your perception of me back then was like. It's unfortunate that you made your comment(s) anonymous, because I would really like to have a conversation about the things you said, but I don't know who you are. If you would like to email me, my email is cwarner19@gmail.com, or if you know me well enough to have my number, give me a call and we'll sit down and talk about it. You obviously care enough about me to call me out on something you perceived in my writing, so talk to me; don't just let your words become empty without a name behind them.

So, in a nutshell, you said a lot, I'd like to talk, don't know your name, would like to so we can have a decent conversation. Please get back to me if you can.

-Caleb-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caleb:

Your writing is something I stumbled upon some time ago, but I have not left a comment until now. Since you haven't written anything since May, I figured you must be waiting for some kind of response.

I am not the person who wrote you that comment, but whoever it is seems to know you fairly well. It is also apparent that they are concerned about you.
If you want an outsider's perspective, I'd like to offer you my personal insight.

There was one comment on your last post that said "I think you care too much about what people think of you in general." Your reply to the long anonymous post seems to prove this true. Your last post made it look like you care more about people liking you than sticking to your beliefs. Did the person ever email you back? If not, perhaps you should do more blogging about why you are making the choices you are making. If you stand strong on your beliefs, whoever left that comment will have to accept that that is who you are.
I am interested in what you are exploring and I hope you continue to update.
If you want to reach me, my email is flyfast56@hotmail.com

Lauren said...

I don't think you should let this comments keep you from writing here.

Freaking update already!